Welcome to kindergarten!
We are excited to welcome you to Fridley Public Schools! Both Hayes and Stevenson Elementary Schools are authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools. Our students begin their educational journey into the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP), a holistic, transdisciplinary framework that develops the whole child, focusing on intercultural understanding, taking action, and real-world contexts. Click here to learn more about PYP at Fridley Public Schools.
Upcoming: Kindergarten Round Up Nights - March 7 and 8, 2022
Ready to register for the 2022-23 school year? Fridley Public Schools Kindergarten Round Up Nights will be held in early March. You and your future kindergartner will have the opportunity to meet the school principal and teachers, tour classrooms, and learn more about kindergarten at your school, including information about transportation, extended child care, nutritional services, plus much more. See below for important dates as you prepare for the upcoming school year.
- Virtual Kindergarten Round Up: March 1, 2022, 5:00 - 5:30 p.m.
For parents/guardians who would prefer to attend Round Up Night virtually
- Stevenson Elementary Kindergarten Round Up: March 7, 2022, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
6080 East River Road, Fridley
- Hayes Elementary School Round Up: March 8, 2022, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
615 Mississippi Street NE, Fridley
- Kindergarten Social: May 18, 2022, 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Commons Park, 555 61st Avenue NE
Hayes and Stevenson Elementary Schools are hosting a Kindergarten Social event for parents and their future kindergartner to attend. Families will have the opportunity to meet the principal and kindergarten teachers in-person. Students will also meet our school mascots and enjoy a summer treat! Click to view event flyer.
- Mid-August 2022: Parents/guardians - watch your mailbox and email for important information for the upcoming school year, including teacher assignment, Back-to-School Night date, first day of school information, and more.
Please note: Your child will not be assigned a teacher until you have submitted all required documents. See the registration information below on required documents and how to submit.
Click here to begin registration! Please note: To complete the registration process, you will need to submit the required documents (listed below) to the Enrollment Office.
Register in person at the Enrollment Office located in the Fridley Community Center
Visit the Enrollment Office at 6085 7th Street NE, Fridley, 55432. Staff will assist you in completing the online registration. To complete the registration process, you will need to submit the required documents.
The following documents are required to complete registration. Please be sure to have these documents with you when registering:
- Proof of address (driver’s license, utility bill, rental/purchase agreement) OR Open Enrollment Form
- Preschool screening documents if screened outside our district
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Child’s original birth certificate
Note: Copies will be made of each document and originals returned to you.
How to Submit Required Documents
- Enrollment Office Fax Number: 763-502-5082
- Mail to: Attn: Lori O'Dowd, Enrollment Coordinator
Fridley Community Center, 6085 7th Street NE, Fridley 55432
- Email: email@example.com
- Or Submit In Person: Fridley Community Center, 6085 7th Street NE, Fridley 55432
Please feel free to contact Lori O'Dowd, Enrollment Coordinator, with questions at 763-502-5081.
District Enrollment Office
Fridley Community Center
6085 7th Street NE
Fridley, MN 55432
Have you scheduled your child's Early Childhood Screening?
Early Childhood Screening is an early look at how your child is growing and developing. Minnesota law requires every child to participate in an Early Childhood Screening prior to entry into public school. Click here to learn more.
Enrolling in Public Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Click below to view information on common questions about enrolling in public kindergarten.
English: Enrolling in public kindergarten
Hmoob: Cuv npe kawm ntawv kawm qib Kindergarten hauv cov tsev kawm ntawv ntawm tsoom fwv
Español: Inscribir a su hijo en el kínder público
Soomaaliga: Isu Diiwaangalinta Dugsiga Barbaarinta (Kindergarten) ee Dadweynaha